22 January 2008

collections


An introduction into my collections: First edition (1930s) Nancy Drews are hard to come by with the dust jacket, and it seems, especially hard to come by with the lovely orange silhouette interior covers, as opposed to the more common navy blue. I've been searching for awhile for old technicolor photographs. This one I picked up recently. It has a note written on the back in impeccable script in a language I cannot decipher. A passionate love note? Perhaps. "Best in children's books" series have little graphics and spot illustrations in sugary colors that I want to eat like gum drops. This one was published in 1959. If anyone should stumble on any of these, please snatch them up for me and I will reward you handsomely and reimburse you for your noble endeavors. 

No comments: