03 February 2009

meet me tonight in...

Atlantic City? The Hold Steady covers an old favorite from Bruce Springsteen. And it makes me feel a bit weak-kneed. I have stumbled upon some lost pool of memories of my 18-year-old self. Embarassing, unnerving, but quite enjoyable, to say the least.  

Part of War Child: Heroes, an album of covers to be released in the states on February 24, wherein 15 "rock legends" got to choose one of their songs, along with the person(s) to cover it. Proceeds of the album go to War Child International, a network of organizations working around the world to help children affected by war. 

1 comment:

tyler said...

it took me a long time to warm up to the hold steady - but this is a great cover. the whole album looks amazing.

you've got some great stuff on here!